Robert H. Goddard says that ,

"It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow."

Monday, August 23, 2010

Maybe I'm old fashioned

      I have walked through wildernesses dreary,
      And to-day my heart is weary;
      Had I now the wings of a Fairy,
      Up to thee would I fly.
      There is madness about thee, and joy divine
      In that song of thine;
      Lift me, guide me, high and high
      To thy banqueting place in the sky.
      William Wordsworth
      You ask me what since we must part
      You shall bring back to me.
      Bring back a pure and faithful heart
      As true as mine to thee.
      You talk of gems from foreign lands,
      Of treasure, spoil, and prize.
      Ah love! I shall not search your hands
      But look into your eyes.
      Juliana Horatia Ewing
      I fear thy kisses, gentle maiden;
      ...Thou needest not fear mine;
      My spirit is too deeply laden
      ...Ever to burden thine.
      I fear thy mien, thy tones, thy motion;
      ...Thou needest not fear mine;
      Innocent is the heart's devotion
      ...With which I worship thine.
      Percy Bysshe Shelley
      Look as your looking-glass by chance may fall,
      Divide, and break in many pieces small,
      And yet shows forth the self-same face in all,
      Proportions, features, graces, just the same,
      And in the smallest piece as well the name
      Of fairest one deserves as in the richest frame;
      So all my thoughts are pieces but of you,
      Which put together make a glass so true
      As I therein no other's face but yours can view.
      Michael Drayton
      She walks in beauty, like the night
      Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
      And all that's best of dark and bright
      Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
      Thus mellow'd to that tender light
      Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
      One shade the more, one ray the less,
      Had half impair'd the nameless grace
      Which waves in every raven tress,
      Or softly lightens o'er her face;
      Where thoughts serenely sweet express
      How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.
      Lord Byron

No comments:

Post a Comment